Tuesday 10 July 2012

Discovering the book: The Assassin's Curse

I'm stumbling across lots of things book-related recently. So, I'm sorry to bother you all with my little discoveries XD But found this book called The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke today because a friend of mine was reading it. I first thought it was already out and my reaction was to go to the library website to request it. But then I looked up on Goodreads and found that no, there's still a good three months before it will be released!

Well, just to share with you here its cover which was released in May (haha yea I'm a bit behind aren't I?)

And the Synopsis:
Ananna of the Tanarau is the eldest daughter of a highly-ranked family in the loose assortment of cutthroats and thieves in the Pirate's Confederation. When she runs away from the marriage her parents have arranged for her, they hire Naji the assassin to murder her.

When a mysterious woman in a dress shop offers her magical assistance for dealing with the assassin, Ananna accepts. She never went in much for magic herself -- she lacks the talent for it -- but she's not quite ready to die yet, either. Unfortunately, the woman's magic fails.

Fortunately, Ananna inadvertently saves the assassin's life in the skirmish, thus activating a curse that had been placed on him a few years earlier. Now, whenever her life is in danger, he must protect her -- or else he experiences tremendous physical pain. Neither Ananna nor the assassin, Naji, are pleased about this development.
Follow Ananna and Naji as they sail across the globe, visiting such mysterious places as the Court of Salt and Waves, in their desperate effort to lift the curse. Soon they will discover that only by completing three impossible tasks will they be able to set themselves free.

 (It's looking good, and hopefully won't disappoint!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy this one sounds like corny fun. In a good way I mean. I just added it to my list. Don't worry, this post is the first I heard of this book so at least you're ahead of some peoples. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can learn more about it at my blog: http://sha-reviews.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Sharissa! I'm getting too many blog award nominations lately XD Just want to let you know that I have already been nominated for 3 awards but haven't had the time to write anything for them. Thanks again, but I may or may not have time to post on it. Thanks for following also!! XD

      Delete