Saturday 4 August 2012

Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1)


Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1) by Michelle Madow


Rating: 3.5~4 stars

Wow, that was intense!
I finished reading this book a while ago, and I have to say I really enjoyed the read. Here are just some thoughts of what I felt about the book. Don't really have time for a long review today, got an essay due in!

It was a quite a fast-paced story with lots of twists and turns. Some of the concepts were kind of weird and some parts were painful to read on (not because it was bad writing or anything, just how the plot went, very emotional). And yes, this book was rather emotional, talked and dealt a lot with emotions. Very Jane Austen-y :P If you have not read Pride and Prejudice before, you might want to read it before you start this story or it might get a little confusing with the inferences :P But it was all goods for me because I have read Pride and Prejudice before and liked that story. 

The whole concept of reincarnation and love or emotions that survived over time into a whole new life-time was quite new and gripping. I liked the descriptions in some parts of the story and I felt the emotions of the main character deeply, I commend the author for doing a good job in that. But some parts felt a little too clichéd. And I don't know why, I just didn't love the main male character as much as maybe the author intended for or some other people did. 

It was a worthy read, it talked about some human morales such as honesty and forgiveness. I really enjoyed reading this book and thought it had a well-rounded ending. But there was still little bits that could be improved. I don't think I will read the next book though, because I'm not quite interested in that story line and I felt satisfied by the ending of Remembrance. There seemed to be no need for it to be continued, plus the synposis of the next book sounded dangerously close to ruining the whole story of Remembrance. *Shudder*  (sorry Michelle, but you did do a great job in this story :))


 So, get reading! 

Snyopsis from Goodreads

Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.

4 comments:

  1. I've read plenty of good things about this book including the blurb on Goodreads. Wish I could get my hands on this one. Super review.. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash!!! I'm glad you liked the review :) Hope you'll like it too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds good! I have been meaning to read this for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See I agree with you on a lot of stuff from this book! Some of the stuff in the book was a bit sketchy and jumpy but overall I thought it was a definite "good read" book. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete