Author Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Anne Elisabeth Stengl makes her home in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she lives with her husband, Rohan, a passel of cats, and one long-suffering dog. When she's not writing, she enjoys Shakespeare, opera, and tea, and studies piano, painting, and pastry baking. She studied illustration at Grace College and English literature at Campbell University. She is the author of HEARTLESS, VEILED ROSE, MOONBLOOD, and STARFLOWER, with DRAGONWITCH due to release in 2013. HEARTLESS and VEILED ROSE have each been honored with a Christy Award.
When a cursed dragon-witch kidnaps the lovely Lady Gleamdren, Eanrin sets boldly forth on a rescue mission...and a race against his rival for Gleamdren's favor. Intent upon his quest, the last thing the immortal Faerie needs is to become mixed up with the troubles of an insignificant mortal.
But when he stumbles upon a maiden trapped in an enchanted sleep, he cannot leave her alone in the dangerous Wood Between. One waking kiss later, Eanrin suddenly finds his story entangled with that of young Starflower. A strange link exists between this mortal girl and the dragon-witch. Will Starflower prove the key to Lady Gleamdren's rescue? Or will the dark power from which she flees destroy both her and her rescuer?
For my stop, Anne has especially made an amazing top ten list to share with us. It's her choicesof the top ten places in the world where she thinks someone is most likely to meet a supernatural being (ie Faeries, dragons etc).
1. Sigiriya Palace - Sri Lanka, location of the famous "Lion Rock Fortress." This fortress was built over 1500 years ago, a gorgeous citadel standing 200 meters high in the middle of a jungle.
If I were a dragon, this is where I would live! What a great spot to watch out for on-coming heroes, plenty of places to stash a hoard, and just simply magnificent all around!
2. Black Fen - England. In the midst of this desolate landscape, I would not be surprised to meet a "fenwoman," a mythical goddess who rises up out of the black peat in the fields.
3. North Kent Marshes - England. Here, I am quite certain, you would run into the wicked fairy Jenny Greenteeth!
4. Bungay, Suffolk - England. And we all know that if you walk the quiet streets of Bungay at night, you are almost certain to encounter the dreadful Black Dog, Old Shuck.
5. Etruscan Ruins - Italy. Somewhere among these ancient ruins seems the perfect place to keep your eyes open for a deadly Chimera . . .
6. The coast of Greece. If you were a siren, wouldn't you want to live here? I know I would!
7. Stonehenge - England. If I were to go searching for Faeries dancing, singing songs of olden days, it would be here.
8. The wilds of Bulgaria. While this must be a stunning place to explore, I would keep my eyes constantly peeled for the Lamia!
9. Dunluce Castle - Northern Ireland. Among these ruins, one would expect to meet a Pooka . . . or a whole host of Pookas, for that matter!
10. But if you want to hunt the vicious Hodag, there is no better place to start than my own hometown, the Island City of Minocqua, Wisconsin!